In my mid 20's I took a two-week trip to Bermuda and it completely changed my life. Yes, I know, so basic. Truth be told, the island stole my heart before my mind even knew it and I continue to return year after year. There's something about the beautiful pastel colored homes, all with white roofs of course, mixed with the incredible colors of the ocean that instantly calms my mind and lifts my spirits. Hope you enjoy the photos.
Fun facts About Bermuda:
- They are NOT part of The Caribbean.
- Bermudians are incredibly nice.
- As a tourist, you cannot rent a car, but you can rent a motorbike or a Twizzy.
- They drive on the left side of the road.
- It's the most expensive place in the world to live.
- CHICKENS!! Due to hurricanes destroying many of the chicken coops, a lot of chickens have escaped. Now, they’re roaming the island free as a bird. Pun intended.
- White rooftops. You will immediately notice everyone has a white roof. This is part of their water collecting system. And yes, the water is safe to drink.
- People love to drink on da rock!
- Famous beverages on the island are the ‘Rum Swizzle’ and ‘Dark n’ Stormy’.
- If you love history, you will love Bermuda.
First Time Visitor To Bermuda? Start Here
It’s hard to say exactly why this 21 square mile island will keep you returning year after year. But, if I had to guess I’d say it’s a combination of the calming turquoise waters, fun colored houses, and most importantly, the incredibly nice Bermudians. Or it might be the sound of the lovely tree frogs that sing you to sleep every night.
Click here to learn more about Bermuda
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love and or use myself, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!